Northwest United strives to provide the best opportunities for players to achieve their soccer goals. Some
players desire to play competitive soccer through high school, and others work hard to one day play in college
and beyond. Northwest United is committed to helping each player in their pursuits by introducing the Showcase Program.
For the 2018-2019 season, Northwest United will field 5 girls teams for the 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 age
groups. Additionally, Northwest United will field 2 Showcase teams to provide a highly competitive environment with greater challenge, accountability, and college exposure. For the 2018-2019 season, there will be 2 Showcase Teams: a Junior/Senior (2000/2001/2002) team and a Freshman/Sophomore (2003/2004) team.
for now due to number of teams and ability, there will only be a girls showcase program. Each year the club will assess both age groups and provide appropriate programs for the players needs.
Showcase Teams: Junior/Senior (2000/2001/2002) and Freshman/Sophomore (2003/2004)
Coaches: Joana Michaelson, Matt Brewer; Assistants: Allen Van Every, Ben MacKay
Northwest United will field 2 Showcase Teams: a Junior/Senior team, and a Freshman/Sophomore team. Spots on each Showcase team will be offered based on competitive ability and desire to play collegiately. Tryouts for high school age girls will be run like a college combine, to obtain both quantitative and qualitative evaluations.
Showcase Teams will not compete in league, rather they will travel to highly competitive tournaments with the specific purpose of showcasing collegiate potential. Showcase Team players will train twice a week with their base team (Tuesdays/Thursdays), and train once a week with their Showcase team (Monday - Juniors/Seniors or Wednesday - Freshmen/Sophomores).
The Showcase Team schedule and cost will be divided into 3 sessions:
• Summer (June - August)
• Winter (November - January)
• Spring (March - May)
During each session, the player will receive:
• 10-14 Training Sessions in a highly competitive environment
• 2 Classroom Sessions where film and tactics will be reviewed
• Individual meeting with one of the coaches to set SMART goals for that session, and then a meeting at the end of the session to measure and identify progress
• Training sessions will be video taped and analyzed. Coaches will be collecting specific data points (e.g.,
pass completion percentage, shots, successful touch percentage, etc.) on players to help them improve
and achieve their SMART goals. Players will receive assignments to watch specific things from training
session videos and learn to self reflect so they can take ownership of their development.
• Players will also receive evaluations and guidance in physical fitness and strength development.
• Junior/Senior Team will train Mondays (6:30 - 8:00 pm)
• Freshman/Sophomore Team will train Wednesdays (6:30 - 8:00 pm)
Note: Final tournament selection may be adjusted based on matching tournaments to the colleges the
players wish to attend. However, such changes will not affect session costs. Costs are fixed and there are no additional “team fees” for Showcase teams.